Currently Living Abroad

If you’re looking to apply for a EB5 Visa and hoping to be approved for a green card through qualified investments in the United States, you will first need to fill out the I-526 form (Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur)

Once approved, the I-526 form is sent to the U.S. consulate or embassy, and the process will begin from there.  You will then be notified to interview for immigrant visa at the consulate.

If all goes well, you will receive an immigrant visa and be allowed to enter the U.S. and issued a conditional green card that would be valid for 2 years.

Then if you would like to continue the green card process, you may apply for a regular green card by filling out the I-829 form within 90 days before the 2nd anniversary or expiration date.

By then, your business likely would be thriving and having created jobs for the U.S. economy, you should be a U.S. green card holder.

Currently Living in the United States

If you’re already in the U.S. that means you’ve already received entrance visa to stay in the country.  The first form you would need to fill out is the I-485 form to get the green card application started.

EB5 Visa Filing Fee

The fee for the EB5 Visa Green Card application I-526 form is $1,500

To remove the conditions after 2 years, the I-829 form costs $3,750 plus $85 biometric service fee, so a total of $3,835.  And also for every conditional resident dependent the biometric service fee is an additional $85.